- Here are some of my thoughts on what you can do and what you should expect if you want to win back your ex girlfriend’s trust after cheating on her:
- 1. Don’t expect that it is going to happen on your timeline, it is only going to happen on hers.
- 2. Don’t give her a reason to expect that you are going to do it again.
- 3. You have to continue to work on that flirting and that chemistry.
Question: I hate to admit this, but a few months ago, I cheated on the girl I was dating. She didn’t find out until recently and when she did, she got pissed off. Really mad. We broke up and at first, she wouldn’t even talk to me. Now she is talking to me and we still definitely flirt and have chemistry with one another, but she keeps on saying that she cannot trust me and to her, that is a big deal. What can I do to make my ex girlfriend feel like she can trust me again, because I am pretty sure that if I can win back her trust, we’d be a couple again.
Answer: Winning back your ex girlfriend’s trust is not going to be that easy, especially since it seems like that is one of her things that she considers to be a make or break situation. That’s not uncommon, a lot of women will forgive you for a lot of things, but not for cheating. However, it does sound like there is some hope, because if the chemistry is still there and you are still flirting with her and she is still flirting with you, then you do have something to work with.
Here are some of my thoughts on what you can do and what you should expect if you want to win back your ex girlfriend’s trust after cheating on her:
1. Don’t expect that it is going to happen on your timeline, it is only going to happen on hers.
You really can’t do a woman dirty and cheat on her and then expect her to trust you again when you want her to. This is a situation where you really do have to work with her timeline. Some women may take weeks and some may take months. And the reality is that she might come back to you without fully trusting you.
2. Don’t give her a reason to expect that you are going to do it again.
You don’t want to flirt with another woman in front of her, you don’t want to act like you are hiding stuff around her because all of that is going to make her feel like she still cannot trust you. You have to be clear that you are not going to do anything to make her suspicious of you.
3. You have to continue to work on that flirting and that chemistry.
If you can make her feel like the chemistry with you is really strong and that flirting with you is more fun than flirting with any other guy, then you give her a reason to want to try to trust you again. Like I said, it may take some time but the more she wants to be with you, the more likely she is going to at least try to trust you and I don’t think that you can really ask for more than that.